Monday 11 February 2019

About Chin Rey and this blog

About Chin Rey and this blog


No, Chin Rey is not my real name and it's not even my regular handle in virtual reality. The names I usually use there are either Tess or Lynx, sometimes Bel, Jazz or Storm.

But ChinRey was the minor role play account I happened to be logged on to Second Life with when I stumbled across a content creator who got me hooked on building. Since then it's been the name I'm best known as. I prefer to be called Rey, don't mind Chin too much and have learned the lesson not to pick a joke name even for the most minor alt account.

My speciality is ultra-efficient landscape items (especially plants and houses) but I also make other items and I'm a skilled texture creator and a decent scripter (using my Bel account for scripts).

Most of my works are still stoved away in my inventory where nobody ever see it but some are for sale for Second Life at:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167633 (full perm parts for other builders)
and

I also have a small store in a sim named Snake Isolator on a lovely little independent grid called TAG and I'm also slowly uploading content to a store on the Kitely Grid. My brand names are OPQ, Chin Rey Houses and Bel's Scripts.

This blog is a place to store info about content creation for grid based virtual realities, succh as Second Life and the Hypergrid. It may eventually end up as a complete manual for content creators but for not it's just a bunch of isolated (but still useful) articles.


No comments:

Post a Comment